Mang Jimmy's Bulaluhan

8:31:00 AM Anthony Garcia 0 Comments

Hey guys, it's been quite a while since i have moved my thoughts here in my blog site. But anyway, mahirap sapian ng wastong pagiisip. That's why now im starting to have this as my first among my many eatscapades. It was supposed to be an afternoon of window shopping of second hand cars for my ever loyal and high tech co worker - jerome and shally. We drove off to cubao and met this hoodloom looking guy trying to sell us the wrong car. So after some pagyayabang, we parted ways saying "OK sir I will Just call you".

Starving on our way back home, we shouted at each other(Jerome,Shally and Me) trying to decide whether to eat at Tapa ni Vilma sa anonas, o Bulalo ni Mang Jimmy. Since I was driving, I let them decide and they realized they wanted to have Bulalo. Knowing shally, who has a bad sense of direction, we got lost getting there because all she remebered was the Maynilad office along katipunan road and a rotonda somewhere that may lead to Mang Jimmy's Restaurant. Shouting, asking for directions over the phone,I manage to locate the restaurant just by using my natural abilities in moving around, and viola!!! We found it!!

It was my first and jerome's to eat in this place, and to our dismay, mang jimmy ran out of bulalo, so we ended up ordering their famous mixed tapa , sisig with egg, and sinigang na hipon, with one liter of coke regular and 5 cups of rice.



THE FOOD -  Mix tapa taste different, it a mixture of pork and beef served on a sizzling plate, same goes for the sisig with egg on a sizzling plate, Im not into crustacean food that much but we also enjoyed the sinigang na hipon. a cup of rice is OK as in Siksik liglig talaga but we have to order extras because an order is good for two person if you are on a budget.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. although we still have to try the bulalo



THE PLACE - its quite shabby, but it gives the kind of atmosphere of having a dinner with a very provincial set up,NO flooring my dear, its purely stones and gravels, the roofing is kinda old because we have to transfer to another table because of some tulo from the roof. not a place to look for ambiance.But all in all, I'll give the place OK, PWEDE NA.


THE CROWD- is a mixed crowd of yuppies working around the katipunan area and of course students from UP Diliman and of course workers from the maynilad office.

THE PRICE- Prices are competitive and reasonable. Hindi na Dehado sa serving. Food Prices ranges from Php100 - 200.

SERVICE - Very kind servers and very provincial attitude - as in magagalang at mababait. I think they are all ilocano because I heard one staff speak ilocano word. Pasaway lang si Jerome kasi yung waitress namin, manganganak na hindi pa nag oorder si jerome, hahaha. Pagbalik namin sana hindi pa nagaaral yung bata, hehehe



OTHERS - They also serve desserts like leche flan, halayang ube, fruit shakes and fresh fruit.


We met Mang Jimmy and told him that we will come back for his bulalo. I told him that I will do a blog on his restaurant and he was very happy.

Until next time my friends...Wait for my next review on a new deli along pioneer in mandaluyong city. And as they say EAT...LOVE...AND PRAY

You Might Also Like

0 comments: